THE QUEEN’S SCHOOL library’s Statement of Purpose
The Library’s goal is to meet the information needs of its patrons in carrying out the educational functions of the school. The library strives to achieve this through the acquisition and management of materials relevant to the needs of the students and faculty in a variety of formats. This purpose is accomplished by:
- Providing timely access to requested materials
- Simplifying search/discovery of library resources
- Building and maintaining a Digital Library infrastructure
- Building the information literacy/library instruction program
- Increasing the visibility of the library through outreach and marketing efforts
- Undertaking systematic reviews of services designed both to adapt to changes in technology and to improve quality of service delivered
Access and Use
The holdings of the library are intended for use by students and staff of the institution. In order to use the library’s facilities, a valid Student ID may be required. In addition, students will also need to present a pass during class times.
Hours of Operation
The library opening hours are:
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00p.m
It is the library’s goal to provide an accurate and expeditious process for circulating
materials. Students, faculty and staff, may borrow books for specified loan periods. Periodicals remain in the library. This assures maximum information access for all patrons.
Loan Periods and Returns
Patrons who borrow materials from THE QUEEN’S SCHOOL Library are granted the following loan periods:
Materials borrowed from THE QUEEN’S SCHOOL Library are subject to the following overdue fines:
|$10.00* per day
|Rare/Reserve books collection
|Replacement cost charged.
|$10.00* per page
|Black and white Printing
|$10.00* per page
|$10.00 per page
*These prices are subject to change
Fines are payable at the Library.